Tuesday 6 April 2010

A Weekend Away

It`s been quite a while since I updated my blog, due mainly to the fact that I was working away all the time, and when I did get a weekend at home, I found myself up to my ears in some DIY project thought up by my wife, she who must be obeyed!

However, since the 19th of last month, I have been jobless, and have plenty of time to get things done model wise. I have finished the trees for Simon, AKA Bigredbat, and have also made him some haystacks for the battle of Zama. Having just received a new box of Seafoam, I will be starting some more trees to help take the bareness off his terrain boards.

Now, I haven`t been a general, or any kind of commander in a wargame for some years now, but on the 16th of this month, I`m off to London to take part in Simon`s battle of Zama, in answer to his request for more generals on the day, and I must say that I haven`t looked forward to anything so much for a long long time, and it will get me away from tiling the bathroom, which can wait until I get back.

I just hope that I`m not designated to be the general in charge of collecting the elephant poop for Hannibal`s roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment